Apple Announces The New iPad, Lots of Upgrades from iPad 2
Apple officially announced the new iPad today in San Francisco, CA. The new iPad 3 is a big step up from the iPad 2 in many ways.
Follow the updates below as they come in to us:
- Retina Display, 2048 by 1536 pixels
- A5X quad-core graphics
- iSight camera, auto exposure, auto focus, HD video recording in 1080p, auto face detection, image stabilization, 5 megapixel camera on back
- Voice dictation, microphone key on bottom like iPhone 4S, tap to speak
- 4G LTE, new wireless technology
- Fast 3G HSPA+ and DC-HSDPA networking
- Still 10 hours of battery life, 9 hours on 4G
- Pre-orders start today, on sale March 16
- WiFi + 4G: 16GB, $629 | 32GB, $729 | 64GB, $829
- WiFi Only: 16GB, $499 | 32GB, $599 | 64GB, $699 – same as previous iPads
- Apple iOS apps like iWork, Garage Band, iPhoto and iMovie have been updated with new features
- Lots of new effects, options and manipulation possibilities with iPhoto and iMovie
- iPad 2 not being phased out, starting now at $399
The Apple website has been updated to include “the new iPad“, not referred to as iPad 3 or iPad HD.
For more information on the new iPad features, check out AppleInsider.com.